Authors have two choices for paper submissions:
- 4-6 pages full paper for best papers contest. You MUST submit a full paper (4-6 pages) for review if you want to participate in the best papers contest.
- 2 pages extended abstract for review. The 2 pages extended abstract is for review only. If you only want to present your results at the conference but not to publish your paper in IEEE Xplore, you don’t need to submit a full paper after paper acceptance notification. If you want your papers to be included in the conference proceedings published by IEEE Xplore, you need to submit a full paper and a copyright transfer form before the deadline of final submissions. The conference proceedings published by IEEE Xplore, are indexed by EI. The full paper here requires the paper length with a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of six (6) printed pages (10-point font) including figures without incurring additional page charges (maximum 1 additional page with overlength page charge of USD100 if accepted).
There are two types of paper presentations: either oral or poster. Although the type of presentation is determined by the program committee, authors can choose their preference during submission. The program committee will take consideration of author’s preference especially when poster option is chosen.
All papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format adhering to the guidelines below no later than 23:59:00 (US Pacific Time) on
February 7 March 25, 2017 via PaperPlaza (https://nano.papercept.net/). PaperPlaza will guide you through the submission process.
Requirements of the Layout of 2 pages Abstract
2 pages are allowed per abstract in standard IEEE format. Templates are available in LaTeX http://nano.papercept.net/conferences/support/tex.php) or Microsoft Word http://nano.papercept.net/conferences/support/word.php).
- Language: English
- Paper size: US Letter
- Paper format: Two-column format in the IEEE style (http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html)
- Page limit: For the abstract submission, a manuscript can be 2-4 pages
- Compliance: Check PDF Xpress compliance within PaperPlaza
- Manuscript should NOT contain any 1) Page numbers; 2) Headers; 3) Footers.
- Author List: The author names should be listed in the order of First Name, Middle Name or Initial (if any), and then Last (Sur) Name. DO NOT indicate any membership UNLESS the author is a member of the IEEE.
- Figures: Ensure every figure in your paper is clear enough, with a standard of 300 dots per inch (dpi).
- References. Refer to the template file below for the IEEE style of reference citations. Please do NOT use reference styles from publications of other societies or organizations.
- Quality of content
- Importance for theory or practice
- Originality and level of innovativeness
- Thematic relevance for the “Call of Papers”
- Quality of the presentation
Plagiarism and Excessive Re-use of Author’s Earlier Material:
The contents of the manuscripts should be original and they should not being submitted simultaneously for consideration towards publication in another conference or journal. All submissions will be checked by the iThenticate tool for plagiarism and self-plagiarism. In cases of plagiarism or self-plagiarism all results will be reported to IEEE for further investigation.
Similarity Index Explanation:
The similarity index does not reflect iThenticate‘s assessment of whether a paper has or has not been plagiarized. Similarity Reports are simply a tool to help our editorial board find sources that contain text similar to the submitted documents. The similarity score is a “cumulative” sum of similarity scores with all documents in the CrossCheck database and as such a high similarity does not automatically imply plagiarism (for example you may be using segments from a technical report of yours). The decision to deem any work plagiarized is made carefully, and only after an in depth examination of both the submitted paper and sources that have similar text.
Direct Link to PaperPlaza: https://nano.papercept.net/